- When will I be able to start purchasing products?
- Our shop is officially open for the 2017-18 season! Visit our Shop page to purchase residential housing essentials for the upcoming school year.
- How do I include my room assignment?
- When viewing your shopping cart, select your residence hall from the drop down menu and then enter your room number in the text box beneath it.
- How do I find out about my room assignment?
All new students who have submitted prepayments should have received an email from Residential Services in late June or early July. This email will detail the next steps for the housing selection process. Freshmen can begin selecting their residence hall and room shortly afterwards.
Check out Residential Services for comprehensive information regarding the new room selection process. You can also contact Residential Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 847-467-4663.
- Do I need to input my residential hall / shipping address anywhere?
- Nope! Our system will automatically generate the address of the residential hall that you specified on the checkout page. This will ensure that your products arrive in the correct place!
- Can I cancel my order?
- Cancellations are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. To cancel your order, email email@example.com and we'll make sure to follow up with next steps.
- Does RezEssentials only sell to freshmen and other new incoming students?
- No, the convenience offered by Rez’s direct-to-room delivery can be taken advantage of by all students living in Northwestern housing. This includes everyone from upper-class students still living on campus to students living in Greek housing.
- What happens if something breaks?
For mini-fridge purchases, we will replace all fridges before May 1st, 2018 given normal use.
To view the full terms of service, please click here.
- What’s your return policy? Do you offer refunds or warranties?
RezEssentials provides full returns for claims submitted before October 1. Fridges must be in their original packaging and cannot have any damage or stains. This includes free pickup of the items from the customer's residential hall room.
To return your RezEssentials product, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, room number, and order number. We will accommodate your request and send an operator to pick up the item as soon as possible. After the product has been picked up, you will receive a full refund to your original method of payment.
If you have questions about your specific case, please email us at email@example.com. To view the full terms of service, please click here.
Delivery & Shipping
- Are shipping and delivery free?
Yes, shipping and delivery are free services provided by RezEssentials. We guarantee that all purchases made through our website will be delivered to your room before you arrive on campus.
- Do other retailers or companies deliver directly to my room?
While some other retailers may deliver to campus, you will have to pick up your items from a delivery truck and transport them to your room by hand. Ordering through Rez is the only way to ensure your goods will be waiting for you when you open your door.
- What is Northwestern Student Holdings?
Northwestern Student Holdings (NSH) is a portfolio of student-run companies. NSH members are Northwestern undergraduate students that manage 4 different businesses that serve the Northwestern and Evanston community. Companies include NU Tutors, DesignWorks, and us, RezEssentials.
Northwestern Residential Life
- As an incoming/prospective student, I have a lot of questions. Where can I learn more about living on campus?
Welcome and congratulations! Luckily, there are tons of resources to help you get started.
- Look through Northwestern’s official Housing Brochure for statistics about living on campus and a brief overview of all university-provided housing options
- Visit the Northwestern Student Life page for information about extracurricular activities and campus security
- Check out our Wildcat Days FAQ for answers to popular questions about Northwestern residential life
- For any remaining questions, refer to the Northwestern Residential Services website
- How do I learn about the different types of living options on campus?
North by Northwestern’s Housing Guide is the most up-to-date guide to Northwestern undergraduate housing, with textual descriptions, photos, videos, and testimonials from current students. You can also filter by campus location and freshman-only options to help facilitate your search.
- What should I bring with me to Northwestern?
You can find a Northwestern packing list on the Northwestern Residential Services website.
- Are there restrictions to what I can bring/have in my dorm?
Yes. Northwestern Residential Services has a list of items that are prohibited in the residence halls in their list of suggested items to pack.
No need to worry if you’ve ordered through Rez! As an official Northwestern provider, all RezEssentials products meet Northwestern’s guidelines.
- What options do I have for on-campus dining? Am I allowed to bring food from the dining halls back to my room?
There are dining halls in six of the residence halls: Hinman, Allison, Willard, Elder, Sargent, and Foster-Walker. Each dining hall features an all-you-can-eat buffet that changes daily, a salad bar, dessert options, and fresh fruit. Non-dining hall options include six restaurants and cafes, two convenience stores, and the Norris University Center. Norris University Center has seven restaurants and helped Northwestern get ranked 5th for Best College for Food in America!
You are not allowed to leave the dining halls with any food. You are, however, allowed to bring food from the non-dining hall options back to your room to store in a mini-fridge (which you can purchase from our Shop).
Check out Northwestern Dining’s official page for more information.
- Do students find that the 14 meal/week plan provides a sufficient quantity of food?
Many students on the 14 Meal plan eat lunch and dinner in the dining halls, but do not have enough meal swipes to eat breakfast or to grab snacks in between classes from the dining halls. (Of course, the specific distribution of meal swipes varies by person.)
Because most dining halls close at 7pm during the week and don’t open until 10 or 11AM on weekends, many students benefit from stocking their mini-fridges in their rooms with snacks or take-out meals.
- Are there any grocery stores close to campus?
There are a Whole Foods and CVS on South Campus, and D&D Finer Foods in on North Campus. Trader Joe’s and Jewel Osco are about 1.5 miles from South Campus.
The convenience stores on campus also offer similar products to grocery stores, like chips, drinks, Ramen packets etc.